someday I’m gonna piece together an anthology called “Men Who Deserve to be Killed: Street Harassers” or w/e and it’s going to entirely consist of stories of men who catcall me and their untimely violent creative deaths.
true story of this comic: I was sitting in Washington Square Park, drawing my webcomic, minding my business, when this gross motherfucker who’d been creeping on me silently comes and fucking SITS ON THE BENCH NEXT TO ME and then starts this passive aggressive coughing shit, progressively getting louder. The entire time I kept my head over my sketchbook and didn’t so much as glance in his direction, vowing silently that if he even so much as utters a single word to me I would actually give him the biggest verbal smackdown of his entire privileged life, but he didn’t say anything. He just cleared his throat and then after five minutes of no response got up and left in a huff.
and of course I was so fucking pissed I stopped drawing my webcomic and instead sketched this little number. putting an imaginary bullet through his asshole skull helped so much with my sanity.
… there are moments that make me ashamed to call myself a feminist. This is definitely one of them. I’d rather you don’t dignify this with a response, but if you must I will be forced to pre-empt with: Who made you a fucking psychic who knows everyone’s reasons for doing things you don’t like? Cissies like you, among other things, keep womyn like me in the closet.
Sometimes people cough because they’re sick, or because something’s irritated their throat, like recent exposure to dust, smoke, nicotine, or perfume.
mostly angry: everythingbutharleyquinn: braveriver: at the march to end rape... -
at the march to end rape culture, someone had a sign that said “consent gets me hard”.
if you ever wondered why i don’t like sex positive feminism, this is the answer.
Forgive me, I think there were a few typos in there. I ran “consent gets…
How a Drone War Works -
- President orders somebody killed, based on God knows what.
- By their mystic arts, people operating drones decide they have found the person the President wants dead.
(Or [they] kill “suspected militants”, even when their full identities are not known. Previously, the CIA was restricted in most cases to killing only individuals whose names were on an approved list. Since 2008, however, it has been US policy to target nameless individuals if it looks to the CIA like they might be up to something terroristical, based on God knows what.)
- Drone blows up that person and whoever else happens to be around, like this kid:
- All victims (funeral goers, teenagers, etc.) are labeled “combatants” for the crime of happening to be in the area of the guy the drone operators are pretty sure was the guy the President wanted dead.
- Kids are labeled “collateral damage”.
- Administration labels strike a success.
- If somebody asks, “What about that kid?” court prophets say, “War is hell. Better the innocent should perish than the guilty escape.”
- If somebody asks, “How do we even know if the target was guilty of anything? How do we even know the target was the guy on the President’s kill list?”, Administration retorts, “Everywhere is the Battlefield in the War on Terror!” and ponders adding subversive questioner’s name to secret kill list. Return to step 1.
Feel safe, or you you may be [an] Enemy of the State.
Let’s Play a Game on We Heart It. http://weheartit.com/entry/34103555
The Legend That Is Karl Pilkington on We Heart It. http://weheartit.com/entry/28602775
Alice Syndrome on We Heart It. http://m.weheartit.com/entry/18210646
ACOMODADO on @weheartit.com - http://whrt.it/PSlXyv
Tumblr on @weheartit.com - http://whrt.it/OOPvv7
Follow me on We Heart It!
via imgfave for iPhone